Although many "styles" and "types" of bikes are built with slow changes in overall trends, it does work for certain bikes to rise above and out of the ordinary.
One such Bike is Dahon's Jetstream Bike. The Jetstream offers front and rear suspensions and a tremendous ride quality.
The "Urbanite" color scheme shown here is a great looking bike and we have updated it with the Kenda K-krad tires which give a softer floatier ride in mixed environments, be they dirt roads and trails, in the park or dashing down urban streets.
Folded, the Jetstream fits nearly anywhere. We offer stow wraps for bringing onto Trains and Buses, as well as in home storage which will help the bike, your trusted steed, dissappear into its nightly stable.
We offer the Jetstream in both the Urbanite and JetBlack Color schemes. The JetBlack comes with either Kenda's Small Block 8 Tires (standard) or the K-Rad available on the Urbanite.
In the coming weeks we plan to test E-Bike upgrades to the Jetstream. One of our points of excitement here is that we feel the Jetstreams Frame and Suspension elements are perfectly suited for carrying the extra mass involved in E-Bike motor and Battery systems. And as Rocket Ships do need to be engineered well, you can't find a more capable Folding Bike for rugged exploration than the Jetstream.
These are the Kenda K-Rads mounted: 20" x 2.125" which is 3/8" wider than standard and brrings great grip and versatility:
Folding bikes are in general extremely functional right out of the box. They are typically set up to be rideable with just inflating the tires, checking quick releaseas and seat heights.
That said, there is a many modifications you can do with most new folding bikes, depeding upon how they are setup to begin with.
Two of the easiest functional modifications
- Fenders: Fenders keep your pants dryer if you encounter rains or puddles.
- Rear RackL Rear racks give you easy ability to carry a variety of items including baskets, paniers, backpacks and more.
Other Mods and Accessories:
- Bigger, Grippier Tires: These soften your ride and work better on dirt roads and easy trails. Bigger tires do add some weight but if you have space in your pack think about the upgrade.
- Rechargable Lights both front and back: helping you see, and be seen.
- Adjustable Paniers: Ours can be used on Racks as well as Handlebar Stem.
- Front Bag Systems, expand your carrying capacity.
- Trailer system, expand your carrying capacities considerably with great efficiency.
- Pedelec Electric Systems bring great practicality to many commutes, and load carrying capabilities.
- Tube Repair Kits, Air Pumps and tool kits are universally recomended.
- Pant Protectors, Rain Pants and Jackets, Helmets and Sunglasses are nearly always helpful.
- Bike Burrito for "off wheel" transport.
- Tool Kits
- Travel Boxes
We can help you many and most of these accessories and modifications. Browse our categories or ask directly via "Contact Us" and we can help you with your own kit optimization.